Pages

31 August 2010

♦ ♣ ♥ ♠ So Long August ♦ ♣ ♥ ♠

8.? km high on the top of Mount Kinabalu. The hardest thing I have ever done. No stomach bug or altitude sickness could stop me though!

Well I am back from Borneo... one of the most amazing experiences. I went with 5 of my Sixth Formers (and Kay & Nicky from Ilkeston School with 7 of their students) to Borneo as part of a World Challenge. The students had been building up to this 4 week trip for 18 months. It was an action packed month of jungle trekking, mountain climbing, white water rafting and various other things. Tons of inspiration gathered and now ready to get going creating some hats based on my findings.


I imagine some kind of spiny, spikey fascinator perched on the side of the head with antenna and feelers made from spines...


On route to Bako National Parl, Sarawak. Glorious quiet beaches surrounded by rainforest containing creatures of all shapes and sizes... including Proboscis Monkeys.


I CARNIVOROUS PLANTS - got to make something based on these!


So bright and vibrant... the picture doesn't quite do them justice. Another idea for a hat.





Kept myself busy on the plane home by painting the 'Student Awards'. I can make a studio space in the smallest of places!

♦ ♣ ♥ ♠

No comments:

Post a Comment