Pages

14 August 2012

♦ ♣ ♥ ♠ Butterflies ♦ ♣ ♥ ♠

This piece was created for one of my favourite returning clients. She always has an idea, provides me with inspirational imagery and then leaves me to create with the freedom I often don’t get.

Her dress... orange, black and burgundy. A little unsure how I was going to make these colours work although I knew I would. Her other request was that butterflies, net and lots of spine feathers were included in the design. I knew I had some butterflies that I picked up off a market in Kota Kinabulu, Borneo back in August 2010. I have used the odd one in designs before but not on this scale. I knew they would be perfect and had a design in my head early on. Burgundy and black netting were added beneath the piece to add texture. Lots of feathers were cut, shaped and curled.

Here are the results...



No comments:

Post a Comment